How it All Began...
Brother 2 Brother
In 1989 Danny met Therese in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and they were married 5 years later. In 1998 they moved to the Boston area for a corporate relocation. It was a thought-provoking time in their lives because they were isolated with no friends or family near by. There was plenty of time to reflect on why they were here on this earth and what their purpose should be.
For Christmas that year, Danny and Therese spent the night at a homeless shelter in downtown Boston.
They manned the door and the phone so the director could have the night off to spend time with his own family. It was this experience, and the isolation time, that gave Danny the idea to start Brother 2 Brother. The Claypool’s moved back to the Midwest in late 1999 and in April of 2000 the first Brother 2 Brother meeting was held.
Danny’s two main passions have always been education and mentorship. He believes that every person is entitled to an education. He also believes that mature adults should be mentors to younger people to teach them the wisdom and knowledge learned over time. He promotes self-respect, empowerment and accountability by building up and encouraging young people with straightforwardness. Many times his two passions go hand in hand since education can be part of the mentorship process.
Today Danny and Therese reside in sunny Florida with their two sons, Zachariah and Aaron. They are passing the organization on to Danny’s two good friends and brothers, Vincent Moses and Jeff Mlinarch, to carry on the Brother 2 Brother Legacy.
Currently, no one working with Brother 2 Brother gets paid. All work is done voluntarily with the exception of outside services like accounting and web management. Approximately 90% of the donated funds are used for the programs. The remaining 10% is used for administrative costs.